Delicious Kale Salad
Summer is almost here and summer = salad time!
This is a staple in our house, even my daughter will eat it! I made it at my sisters bridal shower and I was surprised how many people loved it and asked how I made it, so here we go!
If you were at the shower and saw how big the salad was know that I doubled everything for that day. Recipe as follows would be half of that. When I make it at home we have enough for dinner and then lunch the next day.
- Fresh Chopped Kale- 1 bag
- Crazins Ocean spray 50% Less Sugar Dried Cranberries- 1 bag
- Marcona rosemary or sea salt almonds* -1 container (this is what makes it, whole or sliced regular almonds do not have the same taste!)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese- 1 bag (can sub for vegan, I do because I am dairy free)
- Peeled and chopped Honeycrisp or pink lady Apples- 2
- Lemon- 1 squeezed (can use lemon juice from the bottle just be careful not to pour too much)
- Olive oil- roughly 3 table spoons but I really just eye-ball it!
Substitutes I have used because I was out of something:
Fresh pears instead of apples
Raisins instead of craisins
Macadamia nuts, sun flower or pumpkin seeds instead of marcona almonds
mozzarella cheese instead of Parmesan
Avocado Oil instead of olive oil
*Adding salmon, white fish or grilled chicken help get your protein numbers up! I really enjoy adding salmon to this BUT note that this is not a low fat recipe. With the nuts, cheese and oil know that it is higher in fats and plan the rest of your day accordingly.
How to make:
- Add kale to a big salad bowl.
- Peel and dice apples.
- Squeeze lemons, be careful of the seeds Mix.
- Add oil then mix.
- Add nuts, cheese and apples. Mix again.
You can watch my how to video here to see how much oil I use!
As always, feel free to leave questions or comments. Let me know if you tried it!